A pull-out in today’s London Times charts the future of healthcare and suggests that the long-awaited impact of new technology, including social media – health apps, remote monotoring, data sharing – could be important. Switched on patients given the right access to their medical records are far less likely to be passive recipients of care and more likely to become sharers and shapers of that care.
- How healthcare devices are bringing NHS care into the home
- It’s a common cause to fight disease and prolong lives
- Smartphone apps are key to dialling up innovation
- New technology to help the NHS go paperless
- The hospital of the future